Fringe Box

Socialize

Twitter

Were You There? Westborough Cub Pack And A Local Band At The Drummond Arms

The picture seen here, taken in about 1960, features the St Francis’ cubs pack from Westborough.

Westborough’s St Francis’ Cubs pack pictured in about 1960. Click to enlarge pictures in a new window.

The photo was emailed by David Reading who says his late brother Alan, who died when he was 15, is in the back row, third from right.

The cubs met once a week in the hall at Foxburrows Avenue. The akela (pictured in uniform) was a Mrs Howard.

David would be interested to know if any readers can put names to faces.

Inspector Tuppence and the Sexy Firemen playing at the Drummond Arms in Woodbridge Road, Guildford in 1987.

Next up is two pictures of the band Inspector Tuppence and the Sexy Firemen.

The were photographed by Ron North when playing at the Drummond Arms in Woodbridge Road, Guildford in 1987.

There is a glimpse of the some of the audience in this photo of Inspector Tuppence and the Sexy Firemen. Looks like Christmas time at the Drummond Arms?

Ron wonders if anyone remembers the gig, or seeing them anywhere else in the area at around that time.

And where are they now?

If you can supply any details of either the St Francis’ cubs pack or the band, please leave a reply in the box below.

6 Responses to Were You There? Westborough Cub Pack And A Local Band At The Drummond Arms

1. Bill Staniforth Reply

March 20, 2018 at 10:27 am

Starting in the top row extreme left is Graham Covey. Second left is possibly David ‘Spud’ Taylor. Sixth from left is Barry Goddard. Eighth from left is Alan Reading.

Middle row, first left is Ralph Back, sixth from left is Tim MacGonegal.

Front row, first from left is me! Sixth from left is Betty Taylor, and seventh from left is Aakela Mrs Howard.

2. Ron North Reply

March 20, 2018 at 12:40 pm

If I remember correctly, this line up is Inspector Tuppence only, the ‘Sexy Fireman’ played sax and often featured with with the aforementioned. Another line up was Inspector Tuppence and Catfish (three girl vocalists).

3. Lynne Enticknap Reply

March 21, 2018 at 1:50 am

I think the name should be Tim McOnegal.

Bill did you live in Beckingham Road many years ago?

David did you live in Caxton Gardens many years ago?

My grandparents lived next door to the McOnegals in Beckingham Road and I lived with my parents in Deerbarn Road.

4. Ralph Back Reply

March 21, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Bill Staniforth is almost correct in identifying me (Ralph Back).

I’m in middle row, second from left, but agree with the others you have identified.

Please correct me if wrong, Keith (?) Etherington who lived in Linkway, back row first left in uniform.

Then third left is Phil Mylam who lived in Woodside Road.

Keith Birch is in the front row sitting to the left of Betty Taylor. He didn’t have far to walk as he lived opposite Foxburrows Hall.

So Bill, no speedboat prize for you!

5. Bill Staniforth Reply

March 23, 2018 at 9:24 am

Yes I did live in Beckingham Road many many years ago. What was your grandparent’s name? I don’t recognise your name perhaps Enticknap is your married name?

6. Lynne Enticknap Reply

March 25, 2018 at 2:04 am

Enticknap is my married name. My grandparents’ surname was Dale.